1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1 stick Earth Balance Buttery Spread, chilled*
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2) Slice chilled buttery spread into 1/2″ slices and place in blender or food processor.
3) Add flour, salt, and baking powder to blender and pulse about 10 times until buttery spread is incorporated.
4) Place flour mixture into a medium bowl and set aside
5) In a separate small bowl whisk together egg and water.
6) Add liquid mixture to solid and stir until just combined
7) Using a spoon and your hands, form six biscuits onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
8) Bake in preheated oven for 10-14 minutes (check them at 10 and slice one open. If it’s still a little wet inside bake for another 2-3 minutes. Don’t overcook!)
This is adapted from this recipe to meet requirements for the TED Reintroduction Phase.