OMG. Sweet, sweet dessert! This was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I feel like I should write an Ode to Sugar.
• 4-6 large peaches, peeled and sliced
• 1 cup all purpose rice flour mix
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. “Butter” an 8×8 inch baking pan with Earth Balance Buttery Spread.
2. Peel and slice peaches. Layer in prepared pan.
3. In a medium bowl, stir flour, white sugar, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
4. Cut in buttery spread using a pastry cutter or 2 forks until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Evenly sprinkle over peaches. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
1) The buttery spread acts like margarine when baked in this recipe. It will separate out of the crumble topping. The crumble topping ends up being more sticky topping than a crumble. However, it is still delicious. I might try to cut the buttery spread in half next time and see if it still tastes the same, but less oily that way.
This Peach Crumble was adapted from this recipe to meet the TED reintroduction phase requirements.