I love me some cilantro lime rice. It’s one of the best parts of a burrito, along with the chicken, the sour cream, the cheese, the salsa…oh who am I kidding, it’s all good. This was a delicious way to reintroduce lime and cilantro back into my diet. I made a TON of it and just snacked on it whenever I wanted. Ate way more carbs in than I should have, but whatever.
• 1 c. basmati rice
• 2 c. water or turkey bone stock
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
• 2 Tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
INSTRUCTIONS – STOVE TOP:
1) Combine the rice, water, salt and olive oil in a pan and cook according to package direction.
2) Once rice is cooked fully, add cilantro and lime juice. Fluff with a fork.
3) Serve and enjoy!
INSTRUCTIONS – CROCK POT:
1) Combine rice, water, salt and olive oil in crock pot.
2) Cook on high for about 2 hours. Check after 1.5 hours to ensure you don’t overcook it.
3) Once rice is cooked to your desired texture, add cilantro and lime. Fluff with a fork.
4) Serve and enjoy!
1) You can also add other spices to the rice once you’ve introduced them. I added 1/2 tsp of cumin one time and it was delicious!
This Cilantro Lime Rice was adapted from this recipe to meet the TED reintroduction phase requirements.