Next Reintroduction Phase Meal. Fresh fruits and veggies. This salad was super simple but amazingly delicious! I might buy an extra pint of blueberries next week and attempt to make a blueberry dressing. I’ll keep you posted if I manage to do that.
• Lettuce Blend (make sure it’s only lettuce and doesn’t have other stuff in it like carrots)
• Cucumber, peeled and diced
• Blueberries, washed
• Turkey Breast, cooked and diced
1) Place lettuce on plate.
2) Top with cucumber, blueberries, and turkey.
3) Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil as desired.
***UPDATE: I ended up coming up with a vinaigrette. I adapted this recipe to make it fit the reintroduction phase of the TED. Below is what I actually did:
I made Baby O some blueberry baby food this week. I reserved the leftover water from when I made the baby food (about 2 Tbsp.) and combine it with 1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil, 1/2 Tbsp. of balsamic vinaigrette, a dash of salt, and a sprinkling of rosemary. Shake to combine and store in a mason jar in the refrigerator. This method made it taste more balsamic-y than blueberry-y. If I have extra blueberries in the future I’ll probably try blending all the ingredients together as the original recipe indicates.