I LOVE pasta. Pasta and carbs make the world go round. I’ve missed them while on the Total Elimination Diet mostly because I can’t figure out what sauces to use on them. I’ve used straight olive oil and also the Cream of…”Whatever” Soup but that gets boring after a while. This sweet potato cream sauce was a great way to change it up while staying Total Elimination Diet compliant.
Turkey & Pasta
• 8 ounces Brown Rice Pasta
• 8 ounces of turkey, diced or ground turkey
1) Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2) Place the diced turkey into pan and cover with sweet potato cream sauce (see recipe below). Stir to combine. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
3) Add pasta to pot. Stir to combine. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes if desired.
Sweet Potato Cream Sauce
• 1 medium-large sweet potato, dice
• 1/2 cup rice milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1) Dice sweet potato and place in small pot. Cover with water until just above the sweet potatoes. Boil for 10-15 minutes until fork tender.
2) Transfer sweet potatoes to blender. Add rice milk and salt to blender and blend until smooth.
3) Return to the pot and add pepper. Reheat and simmer for 3-5 minutes until flavors blend.